Friday, October 23, 2009

LightShow West Convention, Los Angeles


I attended my first lighting convention earlier this week. LightShow West in downtown LA's convention center is the only light show focusing on west coast specifiers for lighting products. Commercial, architectural and high end design lighting were all brought together.

I was proud to have a name badge with my well-known company in the industry, and even got to enjoy being misrepresented as a lighting designer. The convention featured free seminars, many in regards to energy efficiency and LEED requirements. The majority of fixtures and light types shown followed in trend with lots of examples of new highly efficient LED lighting sources. The progression of LED technology towards warmer, more natural feeling light was evident and only proved that LED lighting is inevitably the way of the future.

One of my personal favorites at the convention who had both an impressive booth and gorgeous lighting sources were the French Canadian/Italian partnered companies of Sistemalux, Lumenpulse and iGuzzini. I recognized some of their products from the Promenade Samuel-de Champlain project I had blogged about back in September.Their products were even more stunning in real life.