Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Light in a Box

Another assignment for the Fall Semester 2011 was to recreate an known architectural lighting scenario within a box with the dimensions 20cm high x 40cm wide x 80cm long.

For this assignment I decided to use a project I had already blogged about, the Limerick House Spa in Limerick, Ireland.

Here are some original images of the Limerick House Spa:
 
 

Following are images of my recreation of the lighting scenario using a box with the previously specified dimensions and various light sources. I attempted to produce multiple moods within the box by using various colors of light, turning sources on and off and using various materials, such as translucent paper and a mirror.
 

 
 
The project proved to be both interesting and quite helpful. By analyzing a case scenario to such great depth, I was capable of understanding what architectural and light elements provide what sort of feelings towards a space.